Every child is important.
As our society becomes increasingly more diverse, it brings both challenges and rewards.
The Cutest Face is an easily implemented resource in a child-friendly format to help foster inclusive attitudes in kids and maximize the benefits of coexistence.
Eric WALTERS - Best selling author
“Beautifully illustrated, showing the richest of diversity that makes Canadian classes so special!”
Sam HAMMOND - President, ETFO
“The contribution you are bringing to education with respect to your book entitled The Cutest Face is significant and I am sure it will be of direct benefit to many teachers and students in the future.”
Dr. George SEFA DEI - Prof. at OISE, U of T
“...The Cutest Face helps open up critical discussions to learn about each other and ourselves, and to maximize the benefits that come with having a diverse schooling community.”
John BIANCHI - Best-selling author
“I enjoyed reading The Cutest Face, and through it being able to meet Rebecca Codack Zak’s wonderful characters. Her magical children’s portraits are a joy to see”
email from Jagjeet Kaur, PhD candidate
"Growing up, in Toronto, I never saw any books with Punjabi-Sikh families. It’s always been something I have thought was lacking. [The Cutest Face] is worthy of being listed everywhere!"
email from Lauren Ban, PhD
"My housemate who is French Moroccan LOVED [your book]. I think she was actually quite moved by the idea seeing she was on the receiving end of racism in the classroom growing up in France."
email from Kim Dottin, ECE (PLASP)
"The kids at my daycare love your book! Yesterday we went for a walk past the store where there was a picture of someone with henna on their hands. The kids were like, “that’s like Reem!” ..from the story!"
* winner of the ETFO 2011 Art & Culture Award
* hand-picked by juvenile fiction author Eric Walters to be part of a children's library he opened in Kenya
* added to the OECTA Recommended Reading List
* Nov 2012 - Now available in French!
* implemented in the literacy programs of 3 schools in Jamaica
* included in each location of Peel Region's largest childcare service provider, PLASP
* showcased at the 2010 Word on the Street literary festival in Toronto
* etfo.org media release (8/16/11, Toronto CANADA)
* mississauga.com article (8/16/11, Mississauga CANADA)
* Kids-BookReview book reviews (1/31/11, Woden AUSTRALIA)
* Illustration Castle book blog (12/9/10, Adelaide AUSTRALIA)
* Word of Mouse book blog (9/27/10, Toronto CANADA)
The Cutest Face is the first title by Zak Books. We are a micro publisher currently printing, marketing and distributing books we write ourselves because we believe in their message and in our own good ideas.
Though we are currently operating independently, we're open to talking and working with larger publishers who may also be interested in our good ideas.
Please contact us at 905-999-9941 -- Rebecca and Dave